A growing Southeastern Virginia based lake and pond management firm, recently named to the Best Places to Work in Virginia list for the second year in a row, has an immediate career opportunity in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area for a highly motivated and qualified candidate with a proven track record in the lake and pond management, environmental sciences, stormwater management, horticulture, water quality, fisheries, ecology or related fields.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) will be accountable for managing client relationships and achieving revenue and margin targets within a defined territory, by offering consultative solutions to new and existing customers. The BDR will fundamentally be responsible for site visits, preparing proposals for new clients and current client upsells, and performing excellent customer service, among other B2B consultative sales and customer support functions. This position requires a strong candidate who is sales and performance driven with dedication to achieving team and business goals, while embracing SOLitude Lake Management's mission.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform all aspects of the company business development and sales process for a specified territory from the initial opportunity through to the final sale and post-sale follow up in a professional and timely manner.
• Prospect for new business, developing relationships with HOA community managers and board members, apartment property managers, commercial developers, golf course superintendents, municipal and city officials, and private landowners.
• Ensure that all site visits and client appointments, presentations, meetings, tradeshows and related sales work is performed as required to meet the demands of our clients and prospective clients, while offering customized, value-based solutions to meet clients’ needs and goals.
• Prepare and present proposals, according to SOLitude’s methodology, in a professional and timely manner.
• Input data into the CRM database and keep the CRM and Sales Pipeline up to date at all times.
• Provide the necessary details and specifications required for field staff to adequately perform all related client work.
• Ensure that all clients are informed regularly of the status of all pending work or other needed work that has been discovered through our daily service operations.
• Verify that all work has been completed on time, has met or exceeded all quality requirements, and that the client is satisfied with all work performed.
• Build a positive rapport with each customer and maintain high customer retention.
• Bachelor of Science degree is preferred, but not required.
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in sales, preferably in the lake and pond management, stormwater, fisheries, landscape, horticulture, ecology, or aquatic biology fields / industries.
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to operate independently and handle multiple priorities.
• Has excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
• Ability to present an effective sales presentation – written and verbal.
• Ability to work well with other departments, outside suppliers and other business partners.
• Performs and demands excellent quality work.
• Is value driven – seeks ways to improve the value of service we provide our clients.
• Is profit driven – seeks ways to cut costs, improve efficiencies and increase margins.
• Team player, collaborative.
Company Culture and Values:
• Serve your Clients
• Provide Value
• Quick Study
• Forward Thinking
• Leading Edge Technology
• Creative Problem Solvers
• High Growth
• Opportunities for Top Performers
• Environmental Conservation
Compensation and Benefits:
• Base Salary
• Incentive Pay
• Retirement Plan after 2 year anniversary
• Paid Time Off
• Annual Profit Sharing
Employer/Hiring Company Overview:
Since 1998, SOLitude Lake Management has been committed to providing full service lake and pond management services that improve water quality, preserve natural resources, and reduce our environmental footprint. Our quality services include lake, pond and fisheries management programs, algae and aquatic weed control, installation of fountains and aeration systems, water quality testing and restoration, bathymetry, lake vegetation studies, and habitat assessments. We offer long-term management solutions for water quality issues faced by lakes and stormwater ponds within homeowner and condominium associations, apartment communities, commercial developments, golf courses, municipal, state, & federally-owned lakes, private ponds, fishing and recreational lakes, and similar properties throughout the country.
SOLitude is the third largest distributor of AquaMaster fountains and aerators internationally and in the U.S. Lake and pond management services are currently available throughout the Eastern United States. Fisheries management consulting and aquatic products are available nationwide. For more information about SOLitude Lake Management, visit www.solitudelakemanagement.com.
To contact SOLitude Lake Management or for more information about the company, please visit www.solitudelakemanagement.com.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.