Lake and Pond Management for Your Ranch
Meeting the Unique Needs of Your Private Waterbody
From hunting and recreation to farming and raising livestock, we know that your land has many uses. And, likewise, we know that your property’s waterbody is a valuable asset. Your private lake or pond may be utilized for irrigation or as a source of water for livestock. You may have a recreational waterbody that family and friends use for fishing, swimming, hunting waterfowl or bird watching. Or, you may simply have an aquatic ecosystem that adds to the overall beauty of your property.
The various uses of your private lake or pond dictate how it should be managed, and this can be a real challenge for even the most seasoned ranch owners. With our team of experts and the latest innovations and technologies in lake and pond management, we are able to better manage and restore your land’s waterbodies using natural solutions that help keep your water healthy for its many uses.
“Paul Dorsett with SOLitude Lake Management has worked on the 15-acre lake on my ranch for four years. His expertise and integrity have been outstanding. Paul and his team always deliver on their promises.”
Dale Campbell Private Ranch Owner, Waco, TX
Your Property. Your Goals.
You have unique goals for your waterbody. We understand this, and our staff of biologists and other aquatic specialists are dedicated to working with you to develop a customized lake or pond management plan that meets your individual needs. Complete your property with proactive aquatic management solutions such as:
- Floating Fountains
- Water Quality Testing and Monitoring
- Erosion Control
- Fisheries Management
- Nuisance Algae and Aquatic Weed Prevention and Control
- Nutrient Remediation
- Beneficial Buffer Management
- Bathymetric Studies
Finding and Preserving Balance in Your Waterbody
Lakes and ponds are nutrient sinks, meaning that they collect nutrients faster than they can get rid of them. Excess nutrients such as phosphorus and nitrogen can cause algae blooms, poor water clarity and foul odors, while also being harmful to aquatic life. Nutrient loading in lakes and ponds is typically the result of runoff, and ranch owners in particular should be aware of several common factors that lead to excess runoff.
Excess runoff on ranches may be the result of:
- Overstocking or overgrazing livestock
- Livestock feeding stations located upstream of the lake or pond
- Livestock pens in the watershed
- Pasture and field fertilization
- Mowing habits
- Bird rookeries
- Excessive erosion upstream or immediately adjacent to the waterbody
Even when sources of nutrients have been curtailed, the years of accumulation of phosphorus in bottom sediments can continue to degrade water quality well into the future. Water quality monitoring, testing, and restoration are the backbone of an integrated lake or pond management program. The aquatic biologists at SOLitude are ready to develop a prescription water quality restoration program that is tailored to your specific needs.
Get the Fisheries Management Solutions You Need
SOLitude’s dedicated fishery biologists provide you with a detailed, site-specific fisheries management plan that enhances your resources and provides value-added recreational options for your lakes and ponds:
- Fisheries management surveys and assessments for water quality, habitat and species that allow you to have a tailor-made program that fits your specific site conditions and circumstances.
- Fish stocking services designed to support your goals, using the highest quality fish with the best genetics, superior health, and premium sizes.
- An integrated approach to fisheries management that leverages the latest technology, respected resources and renowned industry experts to create a world class fishery.
- The highest-quality, most environmentally safe lake and pond products that set you up for high quality results with long-term sustainability
Enrich your ecosystem. Give life to your property. Secure the solutions you need to maintain a thriving, sustainable aquatic habitat with SOLitude.