WEBINAR: How to Restore Your Waterbody with Hydro-raking Q&A with Our Industry Experts
Following our recent educational webinar on hydro-raking, our experts reviewed and discussed questions from our audience. There were so many great questions we just couldn’t get to! Watch the video below to hear their answers and learn more about hydro-raking.
Did you miss the webinar? Watch the full recording here. Reference the video time stamps below to hear the answer to your question…
Q&A with Our Experts Part 2
- 0:20 – Are there any specific state permit restrictions for hydro-raking? Are they ever resistant to giving permits for hydro-raking?
- 1:14 – Can hydro-raking reduce our littoral shelf?
- 2:03 – For lily pads, what is the re-infestation time-span? How often would raking need to be done to keep lily at bay? Why would a lake owner want to remove native waterlilies?
- 3:14 – Do the harvester and the hydro-rake work equally efficient at the same depth or is one device better than another and at what depths are each optimal?
- 4:28 – How much time would it take to complete a 1.5 acre pond?
- 5:18 – Can you define the difference between sediment and organic matter?
- 6:10 – We are looking to have you all hydro-rake our sedimentation forebay. Are there any issues or a way to prevent muddy waters from migrating to our main lake?
- 7:36 – If you dispose of the materials on the shore, wouldn’t rain water run the nutrients back into the body of water?
- 8:50 – Our lake has a trout stream flowing through it. Are there issues with permitting/working with State Wildlife?
- 9:44 – We have safety benches in the pond. How do you protect them during the operation and restore them afterward?
- 10:08 – Would the hydro-rake be effective in controlling daily algae blooms caused by recycled water heavy in nutrients added into the lake daily?
- 11:40 – Will Hydro-raking remove the surface filamentous mat algae?
- 12:30 – Do you ever recommend draining a lake and bulldozing it out?
- 13:56 – Is hydro-raking effective against bullrush?
- 14:33 – What is the impact if heavy metals are present in the water?
- 15:22 – How long with results last? Is it something that should be expected to be repeated?