Ponder These Thoughts – Management Tips for Winter
January 22nd, 2013
SOLitude Lake Management wants to be certain that your pond is prepared for 2013.
With this in mind, we recommend that you consider the following during the winter months:
• Evaluate your pond and determine if you need to add aeration to meet your pond management goals and objectives for 2013
• If you have not been maintaining the vegetative buffer along the shoreline and the sloped areas adjacent to your pond, schedule thinning of the vegetation in these areas
• Failure of your stormwater pond is never an option. Schedule a structural inspection to ensure your pond is functioning properly
• Review your lake/pond budget and Replacement Reserve funds to ensure that funds are available for bathymetry to determine if and when you will have a need for dredging. If bathymetry or dredging is needed, schedule early!
• Consult with a Fisheries Biologist to determine a plan to properly stock your pond with fish this spring
• Most importantly, implement an annual pond maintenance program
Contact SOLitude Lake Management to schedule an appointment with one of our experts!
Contact the experts at 888-480-5253 for all of your lake, pond and fisheries management needs.
Since 1998, SOLitude Lake Management has been committed to providing full service lake and pond management services that improve water quality, preserve natural resources, and reduce our environmental footprint. Services are available throughout the Eastern United States. Fisheries management consulting and aquatic products are available nationwide. Learn more about SOLitude Lake Management and purchase products at www.solitudelakemanagement.com.