WEBINAR: How to Restore Your Waterbody with Hydro-raking Q&A with Our Industry Experts
Following our recent educational webinar on hydro-raking, our experts reviewed and discussed questions from our audience. There were so many great questions we just couldn’t get to! Watch the video below to hear their answers and learn more about hydro-raking.
Did you miss the webinar? Watch the full recording here. Reference the video time stamps below to hear the answer to your question…
Q&A with Our Experts Part 2
- 0:20 – Are there any specific state permit restrictions for hydro-raking? Are they ever resistant to giving permits for hydro-raking?
- 1:14 – Can hydro-raking reduce our littoral shelf?
- 2:03 – For lily pads, what is the re-infestation time-span? How often would raking need to be done to keep lily at bay? Why would a lake owner want to remove native waterlilies?
- 3:14 – Do the harvester and the hydro-rake work equally efficient at the same depth or is one device better than another and at what depths are each optimal?
- 4:28 – How much time would it take to complete a 1.5 acre pond?
- 5:18 – Can you define the difference between sediment and organic matter?
- 6:10 – We are looking to have you all hydro-rake our sedimentation forebay. Are there any issues or a way to prevent muddy waters from migrating to our main lake?
- 7:36 – If you dispose of the materials on the shore, wouldn’t rain water run the nutrients back into the body of water?
- 8:50 – Our lake has a trout stream flowing through it. Are there issues with permitting/working with State Wildlife?
- 9:44 – We have safety benches in the pond. How do you protect them during the operation and restore them afterward?
- 10:08 – Would the hydro-rake be effective in controlling daily algae blooms caused by recycled water heavy in nutrients added into the lake daily?
- 11:40 – Will Hydro-raking remove the surface filamentous mat algae?
- 12:30 – Do you ever recommend draining a lake and bulldozing it out?
- 13:56 – Is hydro-raking effective against bullrush?
- 14:33 – What is the impact if heavy metals are present in the water?
- 15:22 – How long with results last? Is it something that should be expected to be repeated?
Here is the Q&A session from our live webinar, including time stamps to your specific questions, if you would like to hear our expert’s answers again…
Q&A with Our Experts Part 1
- 0:04 – How are pricing rates determined? Hourly? Lakefront footage?
- 1:08 – Is this a good solution for removing vegetation along the shoreline?
- 2:25 – How does the Aquamog differ from the hydro-rake?
- 3:05 – Will hydro-raking improve our pond’s clarity? What other solutions can help improve clarity?
- 3:50 – Have you seen successful control of cattails with hydro-raking?
- 5:20 – Is hydro-raking an effective tool for sediment removal? What are other options for sediment removal?
- 6:17 – To what extent does this disturb the ecology of the lake?
- 7:33 – What is the permitting process for hydro-raking? Does SOLitude handle obtaining those permits?
- 8:07 – Is this a good tool to remove sub-surface biomass?
- 9:10 – What are the effects on fish and wildlife?
- 9:42 – Is the hydro-rake effective at removing roots, stumps and rocks?
- 11:26 – Do you need to hydro-rake before installing an aeration system to clear muck on the bottom?
- 12:00 – How effective is hydro-raking when controlling invasive plants?
- 13:28 – Where is the material disposed of? Are there different options?
- 14:25 – Can it be used with SOX? Can hydro-raking help prevent erosion or restore a shoreline with erosion damage?
- 15:21 – Can and should hydro-raking be included in my Annual Management Plan?
- 16:12 – Does hydro-raking take away the rhizome of the lily pads?
- 17:20 – Are there a minimum number of days required to book the hydro-rake?
- 18:30 – Can multiple property owners in a community come together to reduce the cost of hydro-raking?
- 18:49 – What is the smell factor of hydro-raking?
- 20:09 – What is the max depth the hydro-rake can reach?
- 20:48 – Is there an optimal time of the year to hydro-rake?
- 21:51 – Could hydro-raking be used to clear a half mile channel that connects two lakes?
- 23:13 – Is the bathymetry report required to determine whether or not hydro-raking should be utilized?
- 25:49– Once raked, will surface algae blooms be reduced as a by-product?
- 26:17 – Is hydro-raking effective for hydrilla?
- 27:17 – How do you determine whether the matter removed can be kept or be removed?