SOLitude Lake Management wants your lake or pond to be prepared for warm weather. With this in mind, we recommend that you consider the following during the spring months:
• Have your lake or pond’s water quality professionally tested. Find out early in the season if there is an imbalance or increased nutrient load in the water.
• Be patient if you notice spring algae or green water. Once your waterbody has established a balance, either naturally or with assistance from the SOLitude Lake Management Annual Management Program, algae will clear up.
• Put a natural and effective integrated mosquito management plan into place for your community with surveillance, monitoring, minnow or bluegill stocking and other control methods.
• Examine basin inlet(s) and outlet(s) to ensure devices are obstruction free and operational. Schedule an annual inspection.
• If your lake or pond’s vegetative buffer was not trimmed last fall, spring is also a good time to remove dead vegetation from the buffer, setting the stage for healthy growth.
• Spring is the perfect time to enhance your waterbody’s buffer with supplemental plantings. Beneficial flowering plants will add color and character to your property.
• Be sure your lake or pond is stocked with easy-to-catch fish such as bluegill, largemouth bass and channel catfish and plan a successful summer fishing event in your community.
• Spring is an ideal time for a fisheries biologist to assess the health of your fishery, using an electrofishing vessel to provide a strategy to keep your fishery healthy.
Contact the experts at 888-480-LAKE (5253) for all of your lake, pond and fisheries management needs.
SOLitude Lake Management has been committed to providing full service lake and pond management services that improve water quality, preserve natural resources, and reduce our environmental footprint. Lake, pond and fisheries management services, consulting, and aquatic products are available nationwide. Learn more about SOLitude Lake Management and purchase products at www.solitudelakemanagement.com.