SOLitude Lake Management wants your lake or pond to be prepared for warm weather. With this in mind, we recommend that you consider the following during the spring months:
Have your lake or pond’s water quality professionally tested. Find out early in the season if there is an imbalance in the water.
- Put a natural and effective integrated mosquito management plan into place for your community with surveillance, monitoring, Fathead minnow or Bluegill stocking and other control methods.
- Examine basin inlet(s) and outlet(s) to ensure devices are obstruction-free and operational. Schedule an annual inspection.
- If your lake or pond’s vegetative buffer was not trimmed last fall, spring is also a good time to remove dead vegetation from the buffer.
- Spring is the perfect time to enhance your waterbody’s buffer with supplemental plantings. Beneficial flowering plants will add color and character, plus help absorb nutrients from entering the waterbody.
- Be sure your lake or pond is stocked with easy-to-catch fish such as Bluegill, Largemouth Bass and Channel Catfish and plan a successful summer fishing event in your community.
- Spring is an ideal time for a fisheries biologist to assess the health of your fishery. An electrofishing vessel will help them develop a strategy to keep your fishery healthy.
- Consider hydro-raking as an effective alternative to costly dredging for area selective removal of nuisance, rooted vegetation and to clear accumulations of bottom muck and debris.
Contact the experts at 888-480-LAKE (5253) for all of your lake, pond, wetland and fisheries management needs.SOLitude Lake Management is an environmental firm committed to providing full-service solutions that improve water quality, preserve natural resources, and reduce our environmental footprint. Our services include lake, pond, wetland and fisheries management programs, algae and aquatic weed control, mechanical harvesting, hydro-raking, installation and maintenance of fountains and aeration systems, water quality testing and restoration, bathymetry, lake vegetation studies, biological assessments, habitat assessments, invasive species management and nuisance wildlife management. Services, consulting and aquatic products are available to clients nationwide, including homeowners associations, multi-family and apartment communities, golf courses, commercial developments, ranches, private landowners, reservoirs, recreational and public lakes, municipalities, parks, and state and federal agencies. Learn more about SOLitude Lake Management and purchase products at www.solitudelakemanagement.com.