SOLitude Lake Management wants to be certain that your pond is prepared for 2015. With this in mind, we recommend that you consider the following during the winter months:
• Review your lake/pond budget and Replacement Reserve funds to ensure that funds are available for bathymetry to determine if and when you will have a need for dredging.
• Evaluate your pond and determine if you need to add aeration to meet your management goals and objectives for 2015, and don’t forget to schedule annual maintenance and service for your fountains and aeration systems this winter.
• Think ahead to spring and pesky mosquitoes! Keep them at bay by stocking minnows in your pond.
• If you have not been maintaining the vegetative buffer along the shoreline and the sloped areas adjacent to your pond, schedule thinning of the vegetation in these areas.
• Failure of your stormwater pond is never an option. A structural inspection can ensure your pond is functioning properly.
• Consult with a Fisheries Biologist to set the ground work for an annual youth fishing tournament or environmental education day.
• Most importantly, implement a sustainable annual management program for your lake or pond.
Contact the experts at 888-480-LAKE (5253) for all of your lake, pond and fisheries management needs.
Since 1998, SOLitude Lake Management has been committed to providing full service lake and pond management services that improve water quality, preserve natural resources, and reduce our environmental footprint. Services are available throughout the Eastern United States. Fisheries management consulting and aquatic products are available nationwide. Learn more about SOLitude Lake Management and purchase products at www.solitudelakemanagement.com.